Sunday, July 7, 2013

Post-Fight Analysis For UFC 162: What The Hell Was That

I still have no reaction to that. My jaw might have slacked a bit but other than that I didn't really yell, or jump around, or punch the air, nothing. It just felt weird. My initial thought was that it was fixed. Yeah, shut up, but it popped in my head so deal with it. Watching the knockout about 1,000 times last night while eating donuts, you see Weidman set up the left hook that drops Anderson with a right back fist, so I'm pretty sure Weidman was listening to Dim Mak in the locker room the whole night. Just ridiculous. Silva looked like a straight BITCH last night and I'm glad he finally paid the price (even though I was always cheering for him when he clowned Bonnar, Griffin, Maia, etc...). What a dick. And then to quasi-retire after he lost ? Nick Diaz level bi-polar shit. Congrats to Weidman all the way. I'd love to see him fight Belfort, Mousasi, MELVIN MANHOEF POUND FOR POUND CHAMPION NEXT TO MARK HUNT, and Jacare. Melvin Manhoef destroys Weidman though so it doesn't even matter.

CONTINUING ON.

Edgar looked good, but Oliveira looked better even though he lost. I really thought Oliveira was getting smoked in the first round but he stood his ground and really brought the mosh. Third round turned into some serious stand n bang and I was loving it. With Siver losing, I could see Oliveira being ranked #10 maybe. Right ? That sounds reasonable to me. And Edgar needs to fight Chad Mendes before they talk about him getting another title shot. Jesus christ. Awesome fight. The featherweights always get turnt up.

Roger Gracie on some Rolles Gracie level conditioning. Chump shit. Gassing out after 3 minutes of grappling ? Come on son. Get it together. Tim Kennedy looked ok...? Whatever. He still pisses me off with his terrible tweeting skills.

Mark Munoz was on some beast-mode lumpia-eating savagery last night. For once his wrestling looked spot on, his cardio never wavered, and he was just violent. I forgot how ridiculous his ground n pound is. No one else gets the torque like him. Scary shit. Weidman kills him after Manhoef though so whatevs.

I told you guys Cub Swanson was gonna kill Panzer Division Siver but no one believed me. Bozos. Mini Daniel Craig impressed me with his top control in that first round though, had no clue he actually trained joo-jeetzu. Who does Swanson fight next ? Does he cut in front of Lamas for next title shot ? Does he fight Edgar ? Who knows. I would like to see him rematch Aldo though. Good stuff.

*le sigh*

What a weird night.

No comments:

Post a Comment